Cannon Smartspace Cab
A unique cabinet with sliding/removable side panels, when bayed within rows
The Fundamentals – In some older & outdated rack designs, totally removable side panels in high density applications badly reduce the efficiency of cold air flow within the rack. This allows hot air to be scavenged from the rear and directed to the front of the ‘IT’ equipment and as a result destroy the cooling effect.
When side panels are totally removed, cold air escapes wastefully allowing hot air to find an easy path around the sides of the ‘IT’ equipment. This hot air mixes with air entering the front of the servers, raising equipment temperatures and increasing the energy consumption of the cooling equipment. Clearly bad practice this common problem can totally negate the benefits of Aisle Cocooning and is intensified in high power density installations.
The Solution – The Smart Space Cab offers two versions of sliding removable Partition Panels for racks bayed in rows.
Narrow Partition Panels Used in pairs these narrow partition panels can slide fore and aft to either:
- Open cross cabling apertures between adjacent racks
- Fully closes off inter-rack side access, protecting equipment
Importantly, cooling air flow is managed to maximum efficiency in both positions.
Full Depth Panels Used singly (or in pairs) to achieve a permanent sideways barrier between adjacent racks. Also used as end-of-row side panels. Full depth panels also preserve Cooling Air Flow efficiently.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS OF NARROW PARTITION PANELS
- A full specification Server Smart Cab enhanced with sliding (Narrow Partition Type) removable side panels.
- Side panels slide open to allow cross-cabling apertures between single client racks, in a row when required.
- Alternatively the sliding side panels can easily be adjusted to close off all side access between racks for total security.
- The side panels can be totally removed or added to bayed racks at any time during the life of the installation.
- When fitted the side panels (in any position) maintain close proximity to the front 19” mounting posts to minimise hot air scavenging to the front cold zone.
- High density installations benefit substantially as maximum cooling efficiency is always maintained with no cold air waste.
- AIR-LOKK moulded seals can further improve the by-passing of hot air to the front area of the equipment.
- AIR-LOKK mouldings are easily configured to accommodate ‘IT’ equipment requiring cross air flow cooling & mixed airflow patterns.
- Side panels need not be removed so separate storage is a challenge that disappears.
- Side panels can be totally removed or not fitted, as required.
The only rack that resolves the competing challenges of:
- Inter rack security
- Cross cabling between racks
- Cold Air/Hot Air separation within the rack
- Improved cooling & cooling efficiency
Panel Options are:
- Narrow Partition Panels usually in sliding pairs, to open or close side acess
- Full Depth Sliding Panels for zero side access
- Three heights: 42U, 45U, 47U
- Two widths: 600mm or 800mm
- Two depths: 1000mm or 1200mm
- Four infinitely adjustable 19-inch mounting posts allowing universal server mounting – double fixings throughout and double height depth members provide a robust structure (Split height mounting post options for variable server depths for the rare instances where server mounting slides have no or insufficient depth adjustment
- Two full depth slide panels
- MaxiVent Plus curved perforated doors front and rear, supplied with swing-handle key locks. Single key operates door locks. – non-locking versions available
- All doors open 180° when bayed and 270° at end of bay or when stand-alone
- Quick-Release hinges on all doors
- Multiple moulded finger cable entry glands in roof
- Maximum cable access through base with base sealing options
- Four transit castors fitted as standard
- Quick-Change fan tray compatible
- Narrow Partition Side Panels or Full Depth Side Panel option.
- Narrow Partition Side Panels allow up to 100mm opening for cross cabling between racks. (Sliding side panels are of less depth than the rack, to achieve this through cabling aperture).
- Narrow Partition Panels in adjacent bayed racks enable total closure of side access between racks for maximum security, by sliding adjacent panels fore and aft respectively.
- Whether open or closed, the sliding panels always maintain close proximity to the mounting post to minimise hot air recirculation to ensure optimum cooling of equipment.
- The end of row side panel is full depth as standard to preserve security and air flow.
- Narrow Partition Panels can be retained in the rack frame and do not require removal or storage, therefore simplifying the management task, but side panels can be totally removed if required.
- An internal locking option is available to secure sliding panels in the closed position.
- Optional AIR-LOKK mouldings are available to block the flow of cold air past the sides of equipment, but allow cabling through.
- Standard: Powder painted Velvet Black to RAL 9005 or Chameleon (Grey White) to RAL 9002.
- Other colours available on request.
- Each 1000mm deep Smart Space Cab is supplied with two full depth 1000mm deep sliding side panels as standard that can be omitted upon request*.
- Each 1200mm deep Smart Space Cab is supplied with four 600mm deep sliding side panels as standard that can be omitted upon request*.
- The following Slide Panels are available to be fitted instead of the full depth Slide Panels that are supplied on a Smart Space Cab as standard.
- These allow cross cabling when cabinets are bayed together and Slide Panels can be slid in and out of bayed racks.
|SLIDE SIDE PANEL OPTION|