FREE FORM AISLE CONTAINMENT
Free Form Aisle Containment for Flexible Data Centre Hot/Cold Aisle
- FREE FORM AISLE CONTAINMENT
- Free form Aisle Containment enables an installed Rack to be removed from a row of Racks, quickly and easily, within a few minutes.
- 3rd Party Racks or OEM equipment Racks can also be
- There is no disturbance to the Aisle Containment
- All rack mounted cable raceway also remains undisturbed and replacement Racks can be introduced into the row with similar ease.
- Achieves cost effective airflow and cabling containment in one cohesive system.
Complete Free Form Aisle Design Principles
- End to end edge beam:
The edge beam which supports the overhead Containment panels above the Aisle is a full “end to end” beam, not individually dedicated to any one Rack. It is substantially fixed at each end to the Aisle end frame and Aisle end rack.
- Moveable, intermediate support jacks:
To adjust the edge beam, taking out any slight downward deflection, simple small support jacks can be positioned anywhere along the edge beam.
Small support jacks can be positioned wherever a convenient surface exists, on a rack roof, easily fitting in clear space between glands, vents etc.
- Jack removal/replacement
Intermediate support jacks can be quickly disengaged to allow removal of the required Racks.
The stiff edge beam design enables the support beam to span vacant Rack-pockets. Full height panels provisionally close off vacant Rack pockets until Racks are introduced.
- Spanning, rack mounted cable raceway
The Cannon cable raceway is designed to span vacant Rack-pockets and ensure continued cabling when vacant rack space is blanked off.
- Vertical closure panels
Adjustable closure panel(s) cover and seal the small vertical space between the edge beam and the installed Rack roof.
- Extended vertical closure panels
Where an installation is fed with down flow cold air from the ceiling, vertical closure panels can be of a type which extend upwards to meet and seal the ceiling. This option provided separation of the Cold Aisle & Hot Aisle air flow.
- All Cannon Aisle Containment virtues are retained
All of the usual Active or Passive Aisle Containment features are maintained with the Cannon Free Form Aisle Containment system.
- Aisle upgrade of old installations
Where old Rack installations exist, even with mixed Rack
types and sizes the Cannon Free Form Aisle Containment system provides a cost effective retrofit Aisle Containment solution.
- It is good practice for a “Complete Free Form Aisle” to restrict any open span in the row to three rack widths e.g. 3 x 800mm cabinets = 2400mm (7-11”) or four rack widths e.g. 4 x 600mm cabinets = 2400mm (7-11”) – With “Basic Free Form Aisles” we recommend an open span of no more than 1600mm with each end of aisles including a minimum of 1 cabinet per aisle.