Cannon S-Type Outdoor Cabinet
“S-TYPE” encompasses the range of enclosures designed for sensitive active equipment such as computer, communications, DVR, CCTV, surveillance equipment, switches, routers & telecoms etc.
In many cases this includes power rectification and battery back-up. The enclosures are normally multi chambered and enables the differing facilities to be separated for security/specific thermal requirements i.e. a separate battery chamber requiring lower operating temperature than active equipment chamber.
The S-TYPE outdoor cabinet provides multiple layer construction and offers a higher level of environmental management and alarm systems as the “A-TYP” cabinet.
Typically the cabinet will be environmentally controlled and managed by using either forced ambient air via fans or our optional full air conditioning, air-to-air heat exchangers or Peltier chiller device(s). Most have remote alarming and more customers are electing to use remote locking facilities to control third party access to the enclosure.
Cannon S-Type Outdoor Cabinet
Features and Benefits
- Up-to IP65 Environmental sealing
- Can be totally sealed with no ventilation or change of air between outside ambient and internally circulating air
- Double wall construction with insulation providing reduced risk of equipment failure due to rapid temperature changes
- Fully climate controlled using radial fans, air-conditioning, thermo-electric or air to air heat exchangers
- Climate control systems available in either AC or DC power
- Modular design and manufacturing techniques allow for customer specific features.
- Manufactured in various sizes and customer specifications
- Internal fixtures/mounting available to customer request
- Heat load management from 500W to 7Kw with higher heat load cooling achieved with additional external resources.
- Facility for temperature controlled and fully insulated battery accommodation
- Optional separate fully insulated thermal chamber option for equipment operating at different ranges of functional temperature
- Optional thermal chamber attached via thermal barrier supports to outer body shell
- Approvals for EMC & Seismic directives available
- Doors seal integrity provided by using an optional dual seal technology (IP65 only)
- Cabinet can be configured with both AC and DC power requirements
- Customised cable entry gland system offered
- Doors secured with a Stainless steel multi-point dead locking system
- Painted to customers precise colour requirements
- Full multi-stage cleaning and pre-treatment prior to the application of an 90 micron powder coating
- Manufactured from “Heavy gauge” galvanized material, stainless steel or aluminium providing a 25-year life expectancy
- Can be installed using “Transformer Root”, “In-Ground-Root” mounting system or secured to either a plinth, platform or concrete pad.
- Includes many anti-vandal resistant features within the construction
- Optional in-built weather shields or separate awnings/canopies
- Remotely activated electronic locks available
- Detachable lifting/transport lugs